|Salary Range:||$16-$17/hour DOE|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Seeking a high energy, detail-oriented professional to work in the apartment maintenance field for a stable company! Excellent benefits, company cell phone, use of company vehicle, and no waiting period for holiday pay!
Works at several apartment communities performing apartment maintenance duties. Position requires an individual with varied work experience and the ability to work efficiently and effectively to maintain the property buildings and grounds, either with or without close supervision. The ability to develop a close and cooperative working relationship with the Resident Managers at the various sites is required. Must have valid Driver's License and own tools, and a clean driving record.
WHAT YOU GAIN BY JOINING OUR TEAM!
As a diverse company managing apartment communities, single-family homes and community associations, and providing maintenance services for internal and external clients, there is a wide range of career opportunities to advance within! The Management Group, Inc is a real estate services company, providing over 27 years of property management services to owners, investors and residents in the SW Washington/Portland Metro area.
Common quotes from TMG employees, “We work hard and play hard, we are like family here.”
TMG is an equal opportunity employer.
|Duties:||NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Please read this job description carefully and ask for clarification if you have difficulty understanding the functions of this job.
Please describe any accommodations that you need in order to perform this job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes but is not limited to the following:
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Assists and follows directions from Resident Manager.
- Perform maintenance checks of apartment units and identify problem areas.
- Responds promptly to work orders, service and emergency calls.
- Check and repair or replace plumbing connections for safety & functionality.
- Check all appliances and applicable connections for safety & functionality.
- Paints and repairs interior of apartment units as needed.
- Works independently and as a team effectively.
- Perform preventative maintenance such as caulking around tub & water closet areas, attaching shower guards, removing covers from wall heaters & cleaning.
- Keep appropriate documentation and Inventory parts and control.
- Clean and prepare unit turnovers in a specified time.
- Check and balance pool and spa to Code.
- Carry pager or mobile phone for on-call duty as applies.
- Repair or replace floor and sub-flooring, vinyl flooring, water closet, hot water heater, hose bibs, doors, jambs, molding & trim.
- Performs preventative property maintenance with such items as: various exterior maintenance such as gutter repair or replacement, siding replacement, paint touch up, patch pavement.
- Mops, brushes, or spreads paints or bituminous compounds over surfaces for protection.
- Sprays materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hose to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Applies caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal crevices.
- Maintains good public relations and interacts with clients, customers, and co-workers in a respectful and professional manner.
- All employees are expected to perform any reasonable work requested that falls within the qualification but not specifically described.
|Qualifications:||To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. |
- Must possess and use good interpersonal skills with other employees and the public.
- Must be punctual, efficient, an independent worker, a detail oriented person and possess good work habits.
- Must be able to perform and/or manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities at the same time with a positive attitude and approach.
- Ability to act professionally in the work environment.
- You will be required to take a maintenance assessment test to determine your skill level and pass with a score of at least 70%.
- Must have general knowledge of construction, plumbing, and electrical.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through both email and telephone with resident managers, tenants, and supervisors.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must be at least 18 years of age. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Two-four years experience in property maintenance preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Candidates must be legally employable by a U. S. business. Valid Driver's License with satisfactory driving record. If driving own vehicle during work hours proof of vehicle insurance as recommended by insurance agents should be in the amount of $100,000 per occurrence for bodily damage and $50,000 per occurrence for property damage.
PLEASE REVIEW OUR DRUG SCREEN AND DRESS CODE POLICY ON HOME PAGE.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.